Engineering & Construction
Engineering and construction companies from around the world use Harris Gomez group because we understand the level of service they require to be successful internationally.
Our extensive experience in dispute resolution encompasses adjudication, arbitration, litigation and mediation in a myriad of large-scale projects. Our abilities in non-contentious work run the gamut of drafting, reviewing and advising on contracts and project documentation. We represent developers, project owners, international and large domestic main contractors, as well as major international and domestic specialist subcontractors.
– Review and negotiate all types of contracts (EPC, EPCM)
– Preparation of tender packages
– Construction finance, bonds, warranties and guarantees
– Review and negotiate service contracts with industry suppliers
– Due diligence and negotiation regarding property acquisitions
– Assistance with regulatory bodies
– Preliminary audit reports, including background searches
– Investment advice and assistance with capital flows
– Taxation and structuring advice
– Drafting and/or vetting Requests for Proposals and/or Quotations
– Drafting and negotiating key clauses and advising on the allocation of risk
– Enforcing performance guarantees
– Representing clients in arbitration
– Led contract reviews in Chile, Colombia, and Guyana for Sedgman.
– We assisted Peruvian explosives company, EXSA, with due diligence, commercial contract review, and general advice for the construction of a new chemical plant in Chile worth USD$15 million.
– Assisted an ASX listed engineering company with preliminary tax and structuring advice for Argentina.
– Contracted by a global engineering company to review a contract and provide day-to-day advice for a Peruvian project.
– Assisted a publicly listed maintenance and construction company with a USD$27 million dollar acquisition offer.