Rodrigo Cortés is a Senior Lawyer with Harris Gomez Group, an international and multidisciplinary firm specializing in cross border transactions between common law countries and Latin America.
Lawyer since 2010, he has worked for almost 11 years in the private sector working as In-House Counsel of mining and energy companies in Chile. He has broad experience in mining and energy transactions and in corporate, commercial, and insurance areas.
From 2010 to 2012, he worked at Barros & Cía, with a practice focused on insurance law and risk management.
From 2012 to 2018, he worked at Yamana Gold Inc., a multinational mining company with operations in Chile and South America, as an In-House Counsel, with a practice focused on mining, contract, and labour law, advising the Supply Chain (contractors and suppliers), Exploration and Project Development areas.
From 2020 to 2021, he worked at Abastible S.A., the largest LPG company in Chile, as an In-House counsel, with a practice focused on energy, contract, and commercial law, advising the areas of Innovation and Development and Electricity Market in the development of energy efficiency projects, including renewable energy projects.
In 2019, he completed an LL.M. from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law, specialising in Natural Resources Law, and receiving the Outstanding Environmental and Natural Resources Law Graduate Award and the Scholastic Excellence Award for Transatlantic Climate Change Policy.
Additionally, from 2013 to 2014, he was a professor of the Law Clinic program at Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Law School, teaching the Law Clinic I and Law Clinic II courses.
Rodrigo speaks both Spanish and English.
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law – LL.M. Environmental & Natural Resources Law & Policy. Specialization in Energy Law and Minerals.
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile – Bachelor of Laws.
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile – Certificate in Contract Law and Civil Liability.
- Universidad de Chile Law School – master’s in international Contracts and Business Law (Candidate).
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation.
- Chilean Bar Association.