T: +61 2 8095 6441 – M:+61 449 186 101
Level 7, 92 Pitt Street, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
Harris Gomez has been an Australian lawyer for over 25 years and is the Managing Partner of Harris Gómez Group.
Early in his career, Harris was the founder and Principal Partner of ‘Lyon Law Firm’ in Sydney specialising in Property, Finance, Commercial Litigation and International Law with a focus on Latin America & Spain.
In 2001, he founded ‘Harris Gomez Group’, the first Australian Law firm to have an office in Latin America. Harris has 25 years’ experience providing clients, conducting business between Australia and Latin America, with practical legal and business advice.
Harris has been the President of both the Australia Chile Chamber of Commerce, and the Australia Peru Chamber of Commerce and Industry. He has also acted as a board member of the Australian Latin American Business Council (ALABC) and served as the Corporate Secretary.
Harris is currently based in our Sydney office and regularly travels to our Latin American head office in Santiago, Chile.
Harris specialises in setting up Australian and Latin American businesses and providing support to both regions.
His expertise is focused on common law and Latin American cross-border issues in areas including mining and energy, corporate matters, employment, taxation, intellectual property and business ventures.
His understanding of both the Australian and Latin American legal and business cultures makes him a priceless link between the two regions.
– We provided anti-trust and director duties workshops to the Chilean Board Members of an ASX Top 200 company.
– We assisted an Australian water treatment company with a joint venture agreement regarding the construction and operation of a desalination plant serving the El Tesoro copper mine in Chile.
– Assisted a publicly listed Australian manufacturer of mining truck products with cross-border taxation structuring advice between Australia, Chile, Colombia, Peru, and Brazil.
– Assisted an ASX listed mining companies with a tenement report and Australian sign off for ASX purposes.
– Assisted Intermodal Solutions Group (ISG) defend their patents against a competitor in Australia and Chile.
– We have assisted over 150 foreign companies with the incorporation of companies in various Latin American countries that included providing preliminary, structuring, taxation, corporate, and labor advice.
– Bachelor of Laws/ Bachelor of Commerce, Bond University (1992).